Sunday 5 July 2015

Dear...

Woah, this is odd! Vicky, posting on a Sunday?! Well chums, I have a new project. And it's a soppy one. As some of you may know, I turn 18 on Saturday which, I'm making a pretty big deal out of considering it's technically the start of adult life (despite the fact I celebrated earlier in the year in Disneyland and never plan on actually growing up). On here, I guess I wanted to get nostalgic about my childhood so came up with a week long project that I hope you're going to enjoy

The aim is to post an open letter to a younger version of myself everyday- except on Sunday when it will be addressed to an older version on me. As everyone else has, I've changed an awful lot over time and I spend a lot of time thinking over 'what if...'s and 'what if I hadn't...'s. Having never had an older sibling, there wasn't really an older voice (other than Mum and Dad who, at 12 years old, I didn't listen to) to guide me on my way. To a fashion, this is my way of giving that guidance to little me, having dealt with the consequences of said actions. The years I'm going to address are:


  • Dear Newborn Dot (just trust me with that one)
  • Dear 4 Year Old Dot
  • Dear 10 Year Old Dot
  • Dear 12 Year Old Dot
  • Dear 14 Year Old Dot
  • Dear 16 Year Old Dot
  • Dear 25 Year Old Dot
I've chosen to address myself as 'Dot' which is a family (and some friends) nickname for myself and the name 'the voice in my head' addresses me as. I guess it makes it more personal and, as cringy as it sounds, I'm writing these letters for my own benefit- it just happens that I have this awesome platform I can share them on.

It's going to be a heavy week of posts, I don't expect you to follow them all, but if you do happen to enjoy one or two of them, feedback/comments would be massively appreciated 

Oh, and because I'll be missing the usual Friday Music Post, I'll post a song at the end of each letter, either one that I listened to a lot when I was that age or, if there are no songs fitting, I'll link one that describes that period of my life <3 

14 comments:

  1. Love this idea can't wait to read them all! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for these posts. Happy 18th birthday for Saturday xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy early birthday! Hope it's a great one, I really love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! I really hope you enjoy them <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute idea! I hope you have a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a brilliant idea ! I'm really looking forward to reading them all :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a brilliant idea ! I'm really looking forward to reading them all :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a brilliant idea ! I'm really looking forward to reading them all :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I hope you enjoy them! x

      Delete
    2. Just started reading all these posts and I like them! Didn't want to comment on everyone of them so I figured I'd just tell you how great I think this is on the start of your journey! I just turned 18 and I wish I had done something like this!
      Vanessa
      simplyperfectme.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. Thank you! This made me smile a lot <3 It was actually so much fun to do- just a little drained now ^.^

      Delete