I hope that, whenever you're reading this (preferably your 25th birthday), you're happy. Not content. not okay. Genuinely and sincerely happy. I want you to wake up and look forward to the day. I want you to feel worthy of happiness because you've spent an awful lot of time in darkness. I want you to feel worthy of good things and stop comparing yourself to other people. You're very good at exaggerating your own flaws but fail to apply the same way of thinking to your strengths.
I have a little wishlist of things I want you to have done by 25. I don't know if they're achievable or not, but have I ever been one for realistic goals, really?
- It'd be nice to have a place of your own by now. Somewhere to call home, decorated with everything that makes you happy- fairy lights, Disney teddies and flowers.
- I hope you've been to Disneyland again. I know it's insanely expensive but can you truly say there is a place that makes you happier? It's home.
- Speaking of Disney, I hope you haven't grown up. I like to think that I'll grow into 'an child who pays taxes' instead of 'an adult'
- Tattoos- do you have at least 1 yet? Because that'd be really cool. I know the people around you hate them but it's your body and your money
- I want you to be more confident. I want you to be able to ask for a different size dress in a shop or ring the dentist without wanting to throw your guts up
- I sincerely hope, considering you're paying over £28,000 for a degree, that you're fluent in French. You should have lived there for a year so surely you must have a pretty decent grasp of the language by now?
- Let's be honest- you want to have your dream job by now right? Or at least very very close...
I just want you to be happy. I want you to be so sincerely happy, you make other people happy. I want you to smile and laugh so much, your eyes are never dry.