Sunday 12 July 2015

Dear 25 Year Old Dot

Dear Dot,
I hope that, whenever you're reading this (preferably your 25th birthday), you're happy. Not content. not okay. Genuinely and sincerely happy. I want you to wake up and look forward to the day. I want you to feel worthy of happiness because you've spent an awful lot of time in darkness. I want you to feel worthy of good things and stop comparing yourself to other people. You're very good at exaggerating your own flaws but fail to apply the same way of thinking to your strengths. 

I have a little wishlist of things I want you to have done by 25. I don't know if they're achievable or not, but have I ever been one for realistic goals, really?

  • It'd be nice to have a place of your own by now. Somewhere to call home, decorated with everything that makes you happy- fairy lights, Disney teddies and flowers.
  • I hope you've been to Disneyland again. I know it's insanely expensive but can you truly say there is a place that makes you happier? It's home.
  • Speaking of Disney, I hope you haven't grown up. I like to think that I'll grow into 'an child who pays taxes' instead of 'an adult'
  • Tattoos- do you have at least 1 yet? Because that'd be really cool. I know the people around you hate them but it's your body and your money
  • I want you to be more confident. I want you to be able to ask for a different size dress in a shop or ring the dentist without wanting to throw your guts up
  • I sincerely hope, considering you're paying over £28,000 for a degree, that you're fluent in French. You should have lived there for a year so surely you must have a pretty decent grasp of the language by now?
  • Let's be honest- you want to have your dream job by now right? Or at least very very close...

I just want you to be happy. I want you to be so sincerely happy, you make other people happy. I want you to smile and laugh so much, your eyes are never dry.

Please smile,

Dot x

19 comments:

  1. Such a good post, especially the child paying taxes! x
    hope you're having an ace summer! x
    ~ basicallychloe x
    Don't forget to smile! :) ~ x
    www.basicallychloeblog.blogspot.com ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, thanks for sharing! Hope you achieve your hopes and wishes!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww this is just so beautiful post! I used to write to my future self too when i was 17 and reading a message from your old self will always be emotional (well at least for me). Anyway, may all your dreams come true <3

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't wait till I'm 25 to see if I've actually done any of these x

      Delete
  4. It's nice to have your own and not depending on your parents by this time.
    Disneyland is a great place to travel by this time :)

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to go back to Disneyland as soon as possible ^.^ fingers crossed x

      Delete
  5. This is such a lovely post, I love the final line of "Please smile" in particular. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to smile- people don't do it enough! x

      Delete
  6. Thank you! It's one of my favourite quotes! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love disneyland Xxx

    itsjustwinnie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a wonderful post, very honest and nice to read. I hope you achieve everything you want to achieve!
    XO IMKE | Pastellics

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really great post! Almost 2 months ago I wrote a letter to my past self and I've been thinking about writing one to my future self. I haven't been working on it because I didn't know what to say but your post has inspired me to start thinking about it again. Thanks.
    Would you check out my blog and let me know what you think? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw wow, thank you for being inspired by me! That's awesome <3 You should defo do it, it came quite naturally to me and so hopefully it will do to you also!

      Delete
  10. This is such a lovely idea for a blogpost! And I absolutely love Disneyland too :)

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. although this maybe late, but I read all your dear dots (catch up if must), and I loved them. truly grasped everything,
    and glad for the finishing one. truly loved them, they were or are awesome. take care always, always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you very much! You're so sweet <3

      Delete