I'm all about the whole 'body posi' stuff- you should totally be able to give yourself compliments without being seen as big-headed because, I guarantee there is something about you, that is freaking awesome! That's what this tag is about, I have to come up with 8 things I like about myself. Should be easy, right?! *gulps*
1. My hair's kinda cute...
2. Despite what my resting bitch face suggests, I'm super friendly and genuinely try to be kind to everyone
3. If I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it to the best possible standard. It's either 100% effort, or not do it at all
4. I'm ridiculously hopeful
5. Although I know I'm not very funny, I think I'm fairly amusing to be around and I hope it's fairly enjoyable/tolerable to be around me
6. I'm very good at talking to old people, and babies
7. I stand up for myself much better than I used to- I used to be petrified of expressing opinions in case others didn't agree. Now, I don't give a damn
8. I've got a decent memory, so I tend to do fairly well in exams
It's harder than you'd think that- I think the worst bit's fighting the temptation to add in 'if's and 'but's (e.g. my hair's kinda cute IF I can be bothered to curl it... etc.)
I'm going to do a proper post about self confidence and body posi when exams are over and I can really dedicate a few hours to it because it's such an important topic and we need to continue the discussion
Considering it is a tag post, I want to tag 'WaitWhatOk' and 'basciallychloe' if you've not already done it. Big thank you to SpringBaby for starting such a wonderful tag
Instead of commenting this week, I'd like you to give yourself 3 genuine compliments. Whether it's that you're really clever, or super kind. Maybe you're insanely pretty or mega talented. Tell yourself that!