Wednesday 25 June 2014

Review: TFIOS

I'll be honest, this is the first review I've ever written and I don't really have a clue what I'm doing. I've read other reviews and I think I get the basic idea but don't shoot me if it's a little bit rubbish..okay?


Normally, I'm not a huge film fan. I have the attention span of a goldfish (?) and just fall asleep. However, I really really wanted to go and see The Fault in Our Stars because I loved the book so much and I knew that if there was any film I wasn't going to fall asleep in, it was this one. And I am super glad that I went..

Cause flipping heck it was AMAZING! I experienced an emotion in the cinema, which I've never felt before. I was super upset but not upset in the sense that I just cried my eyes out. I was upset in a way that for hours afterwards it was all I could think about. Throughout the next few days, occasionally and out of no where, I'd just feel a slight twang of sadness that could only be consoled with a little sit down or a cup of tea. The film got to me more than the book did, which is rare, and I don't know enough words to even begin to explain how amazing it was. 

I don't want to go into too much detail about the story in case I ruin it for anyone but you need to know that it's not a typical, cliche 'Chick Flick' so don't let that put you off. Although the end maybe is a little predictable, the predictability doesn't ruin/distract away from how great the film is and if you haven't yet seen it (who hasn't?!) I really recommend you do. There was no better choice than Ansel and Shailene to play Gus and Hazel and the film wouldn't have been the same without them. Every aspect was just perfect and it was completely worth the extortionate amount we spent on popcorn and drinks. 
4.5/5 (and the -0.5 is only because I'm saving my 5) ^.^

This review stuff's harder than it seems- Just go see it if you haven't, it's amazingly-incredibley-super-freakingly-awesome!

Cheerio! Xxx

2 comments:

  1. wow for a first review this is pretty good :) keep it up I really like your blogs <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really?! Thank you sooo much! That means a hell of a lot- thank you! <3 xxx

      Delete